Modicon ProWorx NXT
Programming Software for Modicon PLCs
ProWORX NxT software for Modicon programmable automation controllers (PAC’s) is a Windows based application program that allows the user to program, monitor, troubleshoot, and document Modicon programmable controller logic programs. The software is intuitive and easy to implement and use. The software provides a functional overview of the Modicon hardware fundamentals and allows the differences in in the hardware platforms to be easily recognized and configured. The features, functions, and capabilities of the software are explained in relationship to programming, documentation and troubleshooting your Modicon programmable controllers. This is a (4) four-day course.
- Understand the three (3) major functional components of ProWORX NxT and how these components are integrated to form a programming and troubleshooting software system.
- Learn where the software is loaded on the hard drive, setup software preferences and understand the safety precautions while working with these locations.
- Setup the communications formats used with the ProWORX NxT software.
- Create, edit and modify the programmable controller’s database program working Online with the hardware and Offline in the virtual world.
- Controller configuration for the processor, remote processor, distributed I/O, terminal I/O and hot standby. (Quantum, Momentum & 984 family of controllers and the legacy hardware platforms)
- Understand the ProWORX NxT database file structure, and learn to use the backup and restore database commands for compressing a copy of all files to a single ZIP database file.
- Install your software on a computer and configure it to communicate with your Modicon programmable controllers. (Modbus, Ethernet and Modbus Plus communications)
- Create a database file to read and write your existing control programs to and from your Modicon Controller to your created database file.
- Edit your programs using the network editor features: (Cut, copy, paste, replace, search, etc.)
- Explore the use of the data watch window and panel for troubleshooting and monitoring program functionality.
- Learn to use the built-in Help and data sheet screens for programming and diagnostics.
- Use the data drawing templates for each of the I/O modules as a troubleshooting aid.
- Document programs, attaching pneumonic descriptors, wire tag numbers and locations, long comments, short comments and maintenance notes to your Modicon programs.
- Attach directly to the controller to monitor and perform on-line programming, diagnostics, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Compile and print documented programs and drawings of your input/output modules.
Technical Education Is The Key That Unlocks The Door To Improved Communications Throughout Your Organization
© 1986 - 2019 Intertech Incorporated. All rights reserved.